Monday, January 26, 2009

Ward Campout

At the end of August we had our ward campout. I was really looking forward to it because I enjoy camping, and we also got a new tent so I was excited to use it.

We went up on Thursday, and got there late at night. It wasn't very fun trying to set up camp in the dark. We squeezed all the kids on a queen size air mattress. It seems that my kids don't move around much in their sleep which was good. They all slept really well.



It was really nice on Friday to sit around, relax, and visit with friends. The kids had a lot of fun playing. They had a big tire swing that the kids loved to play on.






That night we roasted marshmallows. Carson was so excited to have s'mores. I guess that the day had been too exhausting for him. He just couldn't stay awake. We tried waking him up by shaking him, and even by putting a roasted marshmallow to his mouth, but nothing worked.

It looks like his head is resting on Stefan's leg, but if I am remembering right it wasn't.





On Saturday Keslie and Riley played tug-of-war and egg toss.






There was a tree close by that had fallen down and Carson liked walking on it. The tree was big!




The bad thing with not blogging something soon after the event happened is that you, I mean that I forget some of the details. Anyways, Garrett got into something and put it in his hair. I don't know if it was bug spray, lotion, or hair spray, but it was something like that.




We had a really good time, and I can't wait to go camping again.

3 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

This sounds and looks like it was a fun time!

Donna said...

The pics are all so cute and it did look like you had a great time. I loved the "sleeping carson" and the "garrett hair"!

{nicole coombs} said...

Camping looks like fun its getting to be that time of year again. Your kids are so cute. Hope you don mind I foudn your blog from Carries yes I am a blog stalker!