Wednesday we took a little drive to a mountain. Stefan's family calls it "Sound of Music Mountian". It is bald on on side of the mountain and could look a little like the hill on "Sound of Music". We don't know the real name of the mountain, but it is the mountain that the youth in our stake climbed on the trek. It was called "Rocky Ridge". Luckily, we drove up the mountain and didn't have to climb it. It would've been a tough climb. I realized up in the mountains how quickly out of breath I became when I was walking around because of the altitude. My in-laws stake did the same trek and they went up their with their stake. My father-in-law showed us where they walked on the trek. It sure didn't look easy!
My kids and my niece Kamryn


Garrett getting a free ride

View looking towards Springerville and Eagar.

Great background for a family picture.

That's Stefan up on the rock

We drove down the road where the girls did the women's pull (they hiked up it). I can see how it would've been exhausting. I don't think I would've done very well. It may not look very steep in the picture, but it seemed like a pretty good climb.



This was the sunset that evening. I thought it was really pretty so I took a picture of it. I love sunsets!
No comments:
Post a Comment