Sunday, July 27, 2008

Strep throat x 3

Well, we got back from our vacation a week ago and was planning to spend the week unpacking, cleaning, and doing school shopping when 3 of us ended up with strep throat. Keslie got it on Wednesday, and then on Wednesday afternoon Riley started complaining that he wasn't feeling good, and a little later in the evening I started getting a little sore throat, and by the night I had the chills. On Thursday morning I felt so sick! Stefan had to take Riley to the dr.'s. I went later that day to the doctor and my strep test came back positive. It wasn't fair because Keslie and Riley were feeling better the next day after taking the antibiotic. I was down for an extra day. I was in bed for 2 days and was hoping that my kids were not getting into too much trouble. They enjoyed watching T.V. all day for those days, and Keslie enjoyed playing "mom". She was a great helper! My house is so trashed right now. I had not had a chance to finish unpacking before this hit me, and I had done laundry, but it was all piled on the couch, plus the mess that they made while I was in bed. Luckily, I was able to get most of the clean laundry put away yesterday. I am hoping that this week will go better that I can get my house back in order and get the kids ready to go back to school. Oh! I also hope to get caught up on my blog about our vacation. I would say check back in a couple of days, but I can't guarantee that. Maybe I will post a little at a time since there will be a lot of stuff to post.

6 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

Well that stinks! I'm sorry you have been sick yourself, and tring to take care of sick kids too. Hopefully you will feel better soon, and then the kids can go back to school, and you can get caught up. Luckily your daughter was a good helper!

Carrie said...

Sounds like yesterday went ok for you then. I'm glad. Did you end up going to church?
Becca actually got mad at me for posting all my stuff in one day! Haha. So it would make her happy if you did it slowly. Just wanted to make you feel good about that. :)

Heidi said...

Yikes! NO fun for you guys. I didn't see you at church yesterday so I'm guessing you're still not all better. I'll call your visiting teacher and get her to bring you dinner! ;)

amy said...

It seems that strep throat is everywhere! We all had it at the beginning of the month and it hit Ben last week. Yuck! I am glad you are all feeling better. We are also looking forward to school starting again and getting our school year schedule going again.

Jen Shumway said...

I hope you are feeling better. I havent had that for a long time>

TF said...

Hey! I found ya! Bummer about the strep! You have 4 kids! Wow! Are you still living in Gilbert? We are in Mesa. You look just the same! Cute blog, by the way!