Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another trip to the mountains

Last week Stefan went to scout camp. Again, like last year, I was not wanting to stay home in the heat so I went up to Eagar and Greer. Of course, we always go to the park there because the kids love it, but I will not post any pictures because you have seen plenty already (if you have been reading our blog). We went in the evening and the weather was nice. It was warm there in the day, but not too hot. Then next day, we went to one of the lakes in Greer and my brother took the 3 older kids on the boat to fish. My brother said that they didn't last very long. He cast out the line and just a couple minutes later they were saying that they were already bored.



Garrett hung out with me and my sister-in-law. He was entertaining himself with a camping chair.


When my brother brought the other kids back I had him take Garrett and I out in the boat for a few minutes. It didn't last long because I couldn't get Garrett to sit still.


The next day before we went to Greer we had a picnic at the park, and then I was wanting to go to DQ for some ice cream. The kids really enjoyed it, and you can
tell.


Last time we were up in Eager, my brother and his wife wanted to take us to this lookout place. We started driving up there, but the road was closed. This time the road was open so we were able to go. It was such a nice view.



When we got to Greer, the weather was a little bit cooler. It was so nice and relaxing there. There were chipmunk that would come right up and eat out of your hand. The kids even fed them. The first few times Garrett called the chipmunks - "chicky-monkies". It was so cute!



This is me feeding the chipmunk. My mom told me that sometimes when the chipmunks come to you to get food, and if you don't give them any that they will purposefully pee on you. I didn't want that to happen so I thought that I had better feed the chipmunk.


This is just a close up of the chipmunk eating.




We also hiked up a mountain behind where we were staying. I hadn't planned on Garrett coming, but he didn't want to stay behind. It was a pretty steep hill, but he did pretty good. I walked right behind him and pushed him up some of the way. After we hiked up a hill we walked a little ways to a little road. It took us right to the entrance to my grandparents place. It was funny because Carson realized that we kind of went in a circle and he said "We climbed up the mountain and then on to the road, and it camed us back." I'm glad that my kids like to hike because I do too.


The kids also enjoy going on quad rides with my dad.


The last day we were there the kids were playing on the trampoline. Two of my uncles were standing on the ground by the trampoline trying to grab their legs and pull them down. I guess that one of my uncles pulled Carson down and while Carson was laying down my uncle was pushing him back and forth while holding on to Carson's legs. I don't know what Carson did, but somehow his hand must have gone underneath his back. I don't know if I am explaining this the right way, but anyways, he ended up hurting his hand really bad. I wasn't sure at first if it was broken. He wouldn't let anyone touch it.

This is Carson temporarily bandaged up.


The next day that we got home I took him to urgent care. They x-rayed his wrist and said that it wasn't broken. They splinted it anyways.



A guy that Stefan works with drew a little dragon on the splint.


The trip was sure a lot of fun, despite Carson hurting his hand. Garrett was sure worn out by the end!

6 comments:

Shelley and Greg said...

I can't wait to go to the mountains after seeing your pictures. It looks like the kids had a lot of fun. That is a very friendly squirrel sitting on your chair.

amy said...

Nothing like summer trips to the cool mountains! We need to get together soon, but it is nice to see what you are up to!

Rebecca said...

chickie monkies! so cute. :)

this makes me really excited for the cabin.

The Giffords said...

Adorable family!! Looks like fun!

Cherai said...

Your kids are getting sooo big. How cool to be that close to the chickie monkies. Are you going to EagAr for the 4th? We are if you go we always watch the parade in front of the church.

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun I love Eager and Greer.